Thursday, October 25, 2018

Permanent changes

TLDR at the end. At the end of August I started getting serious about my weight loss. I tried Keto but it seemed like another fad and I hated drawing attention to myself by not eating what everyone else was eating. I got serious about CICO using the lose it app.
I have several kids and I wanted to set an example for my teen daughters of not dieting, but just making wise choices in the form of portion control. You can eat whatever you want (whole foods being better choices) just watch portion sizes. I lost 10 lbs the first month. I was weighing myself every day and recording when I achieved a new low. The last month I wasn't setting any new low records, just hovering back and forth with a 3 pound range and I wasn't trying very hard, not logging my food every day. Then this last week I made some really poor food choices and I didn't weigh myself for a week because I was afraid I was creeping back up. This morning I weighed myself for the first time in a week and I was at my previous record low. Not a new low, but I hadn't gained. I say this to show that the mindset of portion control is an important one. Once I fully embraced it, even when I was eating less than ideal foods, I still kept my portions down and was aware of how much I was eating throughout the day. Just don't get off that wagon. Every morning is a new day and just because you messed up yesterday, it doesn't mean you can't do a great job today. 43/F. SW: 227, CW: 214.6, GW: 180. Thank you for all the inspiration I get from this sub.

TL/DR: Portion control is key. Master being aware of your overall daily calorie intake, and it takes much of the challenge out of weight loss/maintenance.

submitted by /u/jchill127
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2At2gt4

No comments:

Post a Comment