Thursday, October 25, 2018

88 lbs down in 8 months, how my life has changed.

Hey r/loseit , I'm a long time lurker, and decided to join you 8 months ago, the 5th of March to be precise.

I was 18 and weighted 247 lbs (111.7 kg) for 6'0. I've always been fat, since I was born, and never did anything to lose weight. But this time, I decided to take control of my life, and started looking for methods to lose weight without going to the gym.

​

I decided to do Insanity program, while having a healthy diet. Actually, what I considered healthy back then was probably the most dangerous and dumbest thing I've done. One Insanity session could make me burn 600 kcal, and I just ate once a day. So for weeks, I was just hahving between -100 to 300 calories a day. Waaaaaaaaaay less than what I should've eaten. Anyways, I finished Insanity, losing easily 3 pounds a week.

​

After Insanity, I did Insanity MAX 30 and bought some dumbbels and pectoral barbells to gain muscle (useless), but still ate in thisunhealthy way, I lost a lot of weight however. I started to take food complements such as whey, casein, fat burners, BCAAs without knowing what they do.

​

Around July, it was summer holidays and I was weighting arount 198lbs. Then I went to the gym 4-5 times a week and learned about macros. From June to today (until December), I calculated that I need 1750cal a day for weight loss, with 190g of protein. And it works!

​

Today, I'm 19 but I weigh 161lbs only! I'm closer to being underweight than overweight according to my BMI.

I'll cut until December when I'll be around 152 lbs than I'll have a bulking phase.

​

To be honest, this weight loss was probably the best thing I've ever did because if I'm 115kg in my 20s I'll never lose weight again. People noticed it, said how much I changed, but they were never happy, they didn't care at all. Even my parents at first were dumbfounded when they saw me (I was in university so I couldn't see them from March to July). But they quicly realised how dangerous was my "program". At one point, I even started to feel dizzy, sleep a lot, lost focus, always had headaches so I did a blood test to find out that fortunately, everything's okay.

I allow myself a cheat meal twice a month.

​

Guys, r/loseit community, I don't know how to thank you for helping me lose 88 lbs, it's just unimaginable, I'm a new guy with new ambitions, and it's 100% thanks to all of you and I wish you all success in your weight loss quest!

​

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask!

​

​

submitted by /u/FaresTN
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ELtU8M

No comments:

Post a Comment