Thursday, October 25, 2018

88 lbs down in 8 months, how my life has changed.

Hey r/loseit , I'm a long time lurker, and decided to join you 8 months ago, the 5th of March to be precise.

I was 18 and weighted 247 lbs (111.7 kg) for 6'0. I've always been fat, since I was born, and never did anything to lose weight. But this time, I decided to take control of my life, and started looking for methods to lose weight without going to the gym.

I decided to do Insanity program, while having a healthy diet. Actually, what I considered healthy back then was probably the most dangerous and dumbest thing I've done. One Insanity session could make me burn 600 kcal, and I just ate once a day. So for weeks, I was just hahving between -100 to 300 calories a day. Waaaaaaaaaay less than what I should've eaten. Anyways, I finished Insanity, losing easily 3 pounds a week.

After Insanity, I did Insanity MAX 30 and bought some dumbbels and pectoral barbells to gain muscle (useless), but still ate in thisunhealthy way, I lost a lot of weight however. I started to take food complements such as whey, casein, fat burners, BCAAs without knowing what they do.

Around July, it was summer holidays and I was weighting arount 198lbs. Then I went to the gym 4-5 times a week and learned about macros. From June to today (until December), I calculated that I need 1750cal a day for weight loss, with 190g of protein. And it works!

Today, I'm 19 but I weigh 161lbs only! I'm closer to being underweight than overweight according to my BMI.

I'll cut until December when I'll be around 152 lbs than I'll have a bulking phase.

To be honest, this weight loss was probably the best thing I've ever did because if I'm 115kg in my 20s I'll never lose weight again. People noticed it, said how much I changed, but they were never happy, they didn't care at all. Even my parents at first were dumbfounded when they saw me (I was in university so I couldn't see them from March to July). But they quicly realised how dangerous was my "program". At one point, I even started to feel dizzy, sleep a lot, lost focus, always had headaches so I did a blood test to find out that fortunately, everything's okay.

I allow myself a cheat meal twice a month.

Guys, r/loseit community, I don't know how to thank you for helping me lose 88 lbs, it's just unimaginable, I'm a new guy with new ambitions, and it's 100% thanks to all of you and I wish you all success in your weight loss quest!

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask!

submitted by /u/FaresTN
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ELtU8M

No comments:

Post a Comment