Friday, October 26, 2018

Weight Loss and Proper Dieting Advice

Hey there, I have been working out for a couple years now on and off and finally thought I should get serious about it because I have gained quite a bit of weight during the summer for being lazy. I am 18 years old, 5' 6" and currently weigh about 199 pounds. My BMI is about 32.1 from checking online and says I am quite obese. I have not checked my body fat percentage but it may possibly be around 15-20%(not exactly sure, just an estimate)

I am currently cutting and I workout about 4-5 days a week and have lost about 20 pounds in the last 2 months. My workouts consist of doing the big 3 lifts (Deadlifts, Benching and Squatting), hanging knee raises, crunches, planks, seated spinal twist, prowler sled, battle rope exercises and I try my best to run about 30 minutes before a workout. I also play football, basketball and volleyball weekly.

My diet has been absolutely terrible and quite dangerous on what I have been doing. In the beginning, my diet consist of a homemade kale smoothie (Kale, almond skin milk, pure pineapple juice, mango juice and chia seeds) for breakfast, quinoa salad and chicken breast for lunch and dinner. I don't take any protein powder but creatine and I drink a lot of water daily. I do not drink caffeine much and I don't drink or smoke at all. But my insecure dumbass thought it was a good idea to just literally eat nothing but drink water constantly hoping when I hit ketosis, it would speed up my progress on losing fat content.

Although not eating anything and relying on my own body fat to keep me energized and helped me loss quite a bit of weight, it has put a toll on my body because I have absolutely no energy throughout the day. I only rely on my own adrenaline to help me workout and play sports.

I am looking for core, hip, and glute exercises as my body fat content is mainly distributed in that area and I am also hoping to get some advice on establishing a proper healthy diet which allows me to continue cutting and help me get more lean.

Thanks for the read and advice!

submitted by /u/Anonymous_BestFriend
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2z3jkUL

No comments:

Post a Comment