Thursday, October 25, 2018

No longer pre-diabetic!

In July my blood work came back as pre-diabetic (just barely) with A1c at 5.8%. I was about 6 weeks into weight loss at the time and ~35lbs down from a starting weight of 360lbs. I was surprised since I'd been overweight my whole life and I guess I felt "immune" to diabetes though obviously I knew that couldn't be true. But I wasn't terribly concerned since the test showed I was just barely in the pre-diabetic range, and I was confident that my change in lifestyle should bring it down -- it was probably a lot higher before June!

The results came in today and my A1c was at 5.4% -- under the 5.7% pre-diabetic threshold =D

Everything else including liver and kidney function looked great and did not change considerably since my last test which put my doc at ease - she was concerned about the rate of weight loss and called around to find out if we should slow things down, but the folks at OHSU weren't concerned and with this blood test showing no risk factors, I'm cleared to keep going at my own pace.

Here's my progress so far. I'm hoping to hit 100 lbs lost (260 lbs) by December and 150 by the end of next year, though I'm not troubled when I don't hit a certain weight by a certain time. It just helps me to adjust my calories/exercise to try to hit a particular rate of loss and feels like a bit of a game now.

https://imgur.com/a/JiT3xZg

submitted by /u/ClaytonDouglas
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2z0QOmI

No comments:

Post a Comment