Thursday, October 25, 2018

Advice for someone suffering from diet burnout?

Hi, loseit. I started to lose weight in February this year after finding this sub. Thanks to all the motivation I found here, I’ve lost 80 lbs, completed C25K, and am currently at my lowest adult weight and preparing for my first ever 5K trail race. I’m in the best shape of my life and I’m getting complimented constantly on my weight loss now that the paper towel effect is in full swing. I’m really proud of my progress so far.

The thing is that I still have another 30-35 lbs to lose before I hit my goal weight and I’m finding myself hitting a mental wall regarding my diet. For reference, I’m currently eating 1355 calories a day and exercising three days a week. I get hungry quickly after meals, even if they’re high in protein and fibre though moderate in calories (most of my meals this week have been around 350-375 calories). I’ve been experiencing some mild telogen effluvium (hair loss, but just increased shedding, not chunks falling out) and general fatigue (although this is probably because I sleep about 6 hours a night on average). I try to eat 80-90% healthy/clean/whole food and 10-20% treats. I don’t have treat days or meals, just work small treats into my everyday eating.

The constant hunger is really getting to me. I’m hoping it’ll pass soon (my hunger cues have historically waxed and waned: some weeks I’ll just be constantly ravenous and others I’ll be fine), but it’s just so demotivating to never feel satiated or satisfied by my food. I know I’m not, but it feels like I’m starving myself. I’ve been experiencing cravings and fantasizing about binging (I never struggled with BED before starting my weight loss journey, and I haven’t binged/seriously overeaten without having planned to do so since then).

The thought of increasing my caloric deficit any more makes me miserable and I feel like losing the last 30-35 lbs is going to be so shitty if I continue like this. Does anyone have any advice? I don’t want to fall off the wagon, and I don’t really feel like I’m in danger of giving up altogether, but I know that this isn’t sustainable. Should I take a maintenance break until the New Year? Track macros more closely so I have more energy and feel fuller? Increase my calories a bit? And does anyone have any advice regarding keeping a positive mindset?

Thank you all so much!

submitted by /u/rabbitpowered
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ONc9uu

No comments:

Post a Comment