Wednesday, October 24, 2018

NSV: Saying no to free office food.

Hi all, I've been a long time lurker on this sub, but I've been getting more serious about my weight loss journey and thought interacting more with this community would help. :)

So, as the title says, for the past week and a half I have successfully turned down every opportunity for free office food. I recently got a new job and as it turns out my department is known for being a little food obsessed on top of the foodie culture that the company has as a whole. We are one of the few departments that has a snack table in the middle of the work area, and I happen to sit very close to it. Everything ends up there, I'm talking things like chips and cookies to candy, cake, donuts and even breakfast burritos. My department also caters lunch to us on the regular so things like In-n-Out and tacos are always being brought in. Not to mention the crazy boba obsession everyone has (which is one of my favorite things :( ).

However despite all of that, I haven't taken any of it. Not one. And I'm infinitely better for it. Its turned into this game to see how long I can keep the streak going, but I do have my moments of weakness (they were handing out Halloween candy today!). Anyway, I'm super proud of that and thought that this would be the place to share it :). And maybe inspire some of you who are also battling the free office food monster!

submitted by /u/smolprogrammer
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SgtVEz

No comments:

Post a Comment