Wednesday, November 7, 2018

26 lbs lost and stuck. Any advice/tips to push forward?

Hello ladies and gents of Reddit. Been browsing reddit for a while now and decided to make a post in hope of gaining some insight.

(Apologies for the few paragraphs of information)

I started my weight loss journey at the beginning of June this year after seeing photos of myself taken during a trip with friends to NYC. At 208 lbs I was use to the way I looked. But for some reason this time, when I looked through the pictures, I felt dread and mild embarrassment.

'Oh god look at my neck. My arms. Everything! So fat. Talk about unattractive.'

I've felt bad about my weight before, but never felt this ashamed. Oof.

So after I got back home from my trip I resolved to start losing weight seriously. I was finally tired and motivated enough to change.

With the MFP app I began eating (at first) 1330 calories a day and cutting out all bad/ processed food and drinks. The first month I lost weight rather quickly (10 lbs), which was obviously water weight. The first 3 months I did well (moved down to 1200 calories a day). Not too much of a physical change, but I was getting somewhere.

Then September came and the loss came to a sudden halt. I didn't really panic, since I knew everyone hits some walls during their journey. I just kept doing what I had been these past months. Well by the end of September I had only lost 3 lbs.

I signed up for the gym mid to late October and so far have only done 4-5 days of working out. I didn't expect anything to change in only a few workouts. But before and after, I've been stuck at the same weight of 182 lbs for a whole 30 days.

That caused me to be a little depressed and spend the whole weekend eating/drinking whatever I wanted.

I really don't know what to do to get passed this little wall. I heard it was unhealthy to go lower than 1200 calories a day for women. I feel down, but I don't want to give up.

If anyone has any advice or tips, it's greatly appreciated.

More about me:

24/F 5 feet 3 inches SW: 208 CW: 182 GW: 130

submitted by /u/Inkjewel
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2qBnL5m

No comments:

Post a Comment