Thursday, November 1, 2018

An interesting observation

This is my third time losing over 90 pounds. Each of the previous two times, I gained it all back, plus more. Thanks to my meticulous tracking during my periods of weight loss, I have data going back over 15 years.

https://imgur.com/a/5PF0xct

When I put it all into one spreadsheet and created a graph, I noticed something interesting. When I gained weight back the previous two times, I stopped weighing myself regularly before I experienced significant weight gain. This created a horrible cycle:

Binge/overeat --> don't weigh self because I don't want to see the result --> keep eating because I don't have to see the result

And eventually I'd regained everything I'd lost plus some. This time around, I'm trying to learn from the lessons of my previous experience so that I'm not doomed to repeat the same cycle. This has been a huge insight for me, and I hope it can help someone else!

I find it helpful to weigh every day, but a lot of people find that it becomes too obsessive. You don't have to weigh daily, but if you're anything like me, you should weigh regularly - whether it's weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly.

submitted by /u/jonquil_dress
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SH5jVM

No comments:

Post a Comment