Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Depression and weight loss

TLDR; tips on balancing depression and exercise? How to stay motivated?

It’s been a really bad two years for me. I’ve been extremely suicidal and depressed and feel I’m at the end of my wits - I’ve tried therapy and medication and I’m out of options beyond maintenance. The worst part about my depression is the weight gain - in the past two years I gained 70+ lbs. While I’ve maintained being 180-190, the 70 lbs weight gain actually happened over the course of three months. It has me really down. I always felt dysmorphic but I look at 120-130 lbs me and miss it. My weight gain has made me incredibly insecure, made me feel undesirable and above all ashamed. It’s my last year of school and I want to take pictures and be with friends but my weight makes me cancel plans and stay in the background.

I’m thinking exercise is something that may help. I walk everywhere but I want to try to go to the gym. I’m hoping that, in addition to helping with my depression, I’ll lose a bit of weight. I want to be healthier, I want to be happier.

With that in mind, the hardest part of my day is getting out of bed. I have a lot of back pain currently (I’m assuming due to my depression because I haven’t done anything to burden my back lately), and if I leave bed too quick in the morning I go to panic mode. If you have any words of encouragement or direct experience, I could really use it.

submitted by /u/xo_em
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2DTM2w2

No comments:

Post a Comment