Saturday, November 3, 2018

I started my weight loss journey recently.

I really just needed somewhere to talk about it. I have sacroiliitis in both my SI joints, I have degenerative disc disease in my L1 and L2. I also have osteitis pubis that has mostly gone away with physical therapy but occasionally comes back if I push myself too hard. I am 25 years old and I got all of these injuries from pushing myself too hard while in the military. There were a couple of weeks straight where I was running 32 miles a week. My body just wasn't putting up with it and even though I knew I was injured I still kept going. I was stupid and I'm going to be paying for it probably for the rest of my life. I've been to physical therapy three times and I've gone to pool therapy. I get steroid injections in my SI joints. I had my second daughter on September 7th and I am past my 6 week post partum period and I'm able to exercise and do normal things again. I am 5'1-1/2" and I currently weigh 150 lbs. I weighed 127 at my best weight in the army. I am trying to get down to 125 through diet and exercise and I'm also breastfeeding. It has been difficult. I have anxiety and depression as well so even though I am taking medication, it is a lowered dose and a different type than I would normally take because I am breastfeeding. The biggest exercise that I can do with the least amount of pain is biking. I have an indoor exercise bike and I've been doing that every single day. Some days I get up to 18 miles and some days I only get in about 5.
I also recently did a workout video(with modifications) and I told myself I was going to start doing squats so long as it didn't cause me pain, and I was going to do 100 every day.

I haven't done squats since the army and I've been out since 2016. I did 100 squats the other day and yeah. I went directly back to biking as my only exercise. My knees and calves are killing me right now. I keep trying to tell myself so long as I do something every day even if it's a little bit, it's more than I was doing before. My diet has been the most difficult thing for me believe it or not. When I breastfeed I crave and am hungry more often than when I was pregnant. It happened with my first daughter and it's happening again. While I try to choose things that are low carb and low calorie, sometimes I just give up and indulge in chocolate chip pancakes. Sometimes my anxiety and depression gets the best of me and I don't get up to cook anything and I don't eat for over half the day so that when I do eat I feel like I'm starving. Other times my anxiety and depression ends up helping because I have eaten throughout the day, but all of a sudden I'll get a craving for chocolate chip pancakes, but I just don't want to get up to make them.

I'm not really looking for advice, I'm pretty educated on dieting and exercise by now as I've talked to several doctors and I've been to physical therapists galore. I guess I just wanted somewhere to talk about the journey I'm on and the progress I'm making since I can't "talk" about it in the progress pics sub. I'm waiting to post my picture once I lose at least 10 pounds.

Thanks for reading. :)

submitted by /u/grlonfire93
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2AJ4i8v

No comments:

Post a Comment