Friday, November 23, 2018

New around here, and I want to say thank you for reinforcing all the good habits I've been building.

When I first started my weight loss journey at about 210 pounds, it was based on a research binge (I have those). I was learning all this cool stuff about keto, and IMF, and the reasons complex sugars (the sugars that make you fat) are so undeniably terrible for you. I started implementing my research as an experiment, and it felt awesome.

The way I am as a person, I had to tell all my family and friends about all the awesome information I've learned and how they should use that information to improve their lives too... but people wouldn't believe me. I'd talk about how added sugars are awful and how saturated fats aren't linked to heart disease, and people would shut me down for saying that the stuff they enjoy isn't healthy. I'd hear how I was disregarding the medical expertise of doctors, even though nutrition is a constantly evolving field that was a lot less understood even ten years ago. Fat acceptance stuff didn't help either. I knew consciously it was bull but it was always tempting to fall into accepted mediocrity.

I was feeling great because of my dietary changes, but I felt really disheartened at the lack of support. Over the summer I let all my habits devolve back to how they used to be. I gained weight over the summer, and it felt awful. I redoubled my efforts and I started seeing my workout buddy (and long time best friend) a lot more often. He's been staying at my place for a few weeks now and it's the best thing that's happened to me weight wise.

And then there's this sub. I didn't know this community existed until a couple months ago when I started using Reddit a lot more. Knowing that there are so many people who've completed a harder weight loss journey than me is inspiring and motivating to me: if someone who started out double my weight is now at my target weight, why not me too? This sub is like the world's most wholesome echo chamber. Instead of promoting a toxic ideology, the idea being echoed is "being healthy will pay off in the long run, we support you and your journey."

Just knowing that there's a such a big community to support me combined with my work out buddy has led me to lose so much fat. I've lost thirty pounds, and while my weight loss has stagnated since then I've been gaining muscle. I went down a clothing size since August even though I've barely lost weight since then, so I know I'm still doing well. Thanks to all of you for being an island of support in a sea of lazy <3

submitted by /u/Is_A_Healer
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KuYW3T

No comments:

Post a Comment