Friday, November 9, 2018

Stomach pains?

I’m a 5’6, 23 y/o woman, currently around 162lbs. I try to listen to my body and eat when it’s hungry, not when I/my brain wants to eat. Within the last year, my progress has stagnated. To be honest, that may be due to mental health issues and lack of motivation (which I am owning up to), but I’m worried there might be something else going on.

Today I realized that I may misinterpreting signals from my stomach. I’m eating when I think I’m hungry (stomach pains), but maybe my stomach is acidic instead. I’m not feeling any burning in my chest, burping up acid, or having any coughing - it’s not like heartburn that I’ve had before, it’s a burning sensation in my upper stomach area. Pepto helps sometimes, but it also kind of makes me want to throw up. Drinking milk or eating bread doesn’t always help either, which I thought would help if it was heartburn.

I haven’t been able to find out any particular trigger foods and it seems to just come and go randomly. Because of my work schedule right now, I’m relying a little heavier on Lean Cuisine-type meals instead of homemade meals. When I was meal prepping I still had this, though.

I have been diagnosed with IBS with constipation a few years ago, but am not taking medicine for it. I had a physical last month and all of my blood tests (thyroid, cholesterol, liver, etc) came back with great results.

I feel like I would be able to continue my weight loss more successfully if I didn’t eat to fix the discomfort. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to keep this from happening, or how to at least treat it?

submitted by /u/_wrennie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OAYbqw

No comments:

Post a Comment