Sunday, November 11, 2018

What were/are the most frustrating aspects of losing weight for you, and how did/do you overcome them?

I am really curious about this question — it seems like everyone is struggling with slightly different aspects of weight loss. Sharing our frustrations with one another does a few things in my opinion:

  1. Different people have different solutions to the same problems from which we can learn from.

  2. Being aware of potential pitfalls and challenges makes it easier to overcome them once we’ll face them.

  3. Writing about your challenges forces you to think through and verbalise the challenge and if you dig a little deeper, the root of the problem. Take it one step further and you can think about creative ways how to solve it.

For me, gaining momentum is the most frustrating part. Once I hit my macros, ditched the sugar etc. for a couple of days it is smooth sailing but getting there is always a bit of a struggle. I haven’t found a great solution for this yet (streak apps don’t work). I might try rewarding myself disproportionally for getting the first week right, knowing that afterwards I won’t need a reward as big anymore as I identify the value of staying on track.

Besides this, spontaneity is a bit of a frustration for me. Sometimes I won’t be home in time or leave to a social gathering or so after work and I’m out of food. Not having snacks with me at all times that I can track from a calorie standpoint sometimes throws me off.

What are your frustrations? And how do you solve them?

submitted by /u/darksideofthelens
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JV4jZZ

No comments:

Post a Comment