Monday, December 3, 2018

Have you ever realized that you forgot your "skinny" habits?

After moving to a new country, my eating habits changed drastically. I gained 20 lbs. I was home recently and remembered that I used to choose more healthy options at restaurants - e.g. baked potato instead of fries, no cheese, salad dressing on the side, etc. At the time I had never really counted calories, I just had this idea of what "healthy" food should be, and I went for it out of habit. I didn't really feel deprived. Now when I do these things, it comes with a sense of deprivation - "I CAN'T have the fries because I gained weight".

Now I've read a ton of supposedly helpful weight loss articles, or just seen those ads that say "cut this one item and you'll lose a ton of weight", or "bananas are making you fat!", and I feel like I kind of lost sight of healthy and replaced it with a fear of "unhealthy" foods - like bananas (WTF), carbs, fats. You must have seen articles about how fattening salads can be too... not helpful! Has it affected your perception of good/bad foods? (I know these are words we should stay away from, but I think it helps make my point)

Have you noticed anything like this? What were the healthy habits you are trying to relearn? I'm trying to think back to the days before I moved here and move back to the diet that I grew up with.

submitted by /u/ChicaIncognito
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Q8qEtj

No comments:

Post a Comment