Monday, December 3, 2018

I know I need to start and I guess I just need some help

So I weighed myself tonight for the first time in a long time. At last check in July I was 164 pounds at 5’10”; tonight I weighed in at 176. I’m officially in the category of being overweight. I knew this day was coming, that’s why I’d put off trying to weigh myself.

I don’t really know what happened. I’m 21, but at 18 I could eat whatever I wanted and it never show. I was almost unhealthy skinny at that point; my BMI was 19. I was excited at first when I started to put on weight; finally I wouldn’t look like skin and bones! But I think I’ve let it go unchecked for too long.

I know I’m not overweight by much. But this is frightening for me. My family has a strong history of issues with diabetes and weight, and I always thought I was somehow exempt from those issues. It’s clear to me now that I’m not, and I need to get a handle on this before it gets out of control.

For all I know it already has. I’m going to the doctor next week and I’m going to ask them to run an A1C test.

I guess I’m posting for encouragement, but also advice. If it does turn out I’m diabetic, which it could as it would explain the weight gain, what are the best/safest weight loss methods? If anyone reading this is diabetic and going through your weight loss journey, what kind of advice would you give?

submitted by /u/kreepykarrie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zGVDCx

No comments:

Post a Comment