Saturday, December 1, 2018

Looking to take back control of my body and actually not be out of breath after going up two flights of stairs.

So back in high school, I used to be a real athletic basketball player. I clocked in at 6'2 175 and I was having the time of my life. However, due to my size limitations, I have always wanted to be bigger because I played Center at the time.

Fast forward to the summer before my senior year, I broke my knee cap during a "friendly" church tournament. I came back for summer workouts but left because my knee started giving my problems. As school started, my coach basically said that I can not play this season because I missed summer workouts. (Definitely more to the story.)

I was pissed and went on a downward spiral from there. The only comfort that I found was into World of Warcraft and video games. Throughout my senior year, it seemed like I lost everything. People didn't even talk to me like they used to and I keep hearing "man you're getting fat." It was so frustrating hearing that. On top of that, my coach comes up to me at the end of the season and said, "I wished you would've played this year." I had no comment for that.

Fast forward even more, throughout college, I have ate and played myself to gain 100 lbs!!!! My weight developed insecurities, even more stretch marks, low GPA, personal issues, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed my time here and it was not like I was depressed or anything, but my weight has influenced my actions to the point where my bad habits I developed has invaded my everyday life and people can't even take me serious anymore.

Right now, I am currently at 283 lbs and I want to reach my goal of 230 lbs by May. To be honest, I am having doubts if I could even reach it in time. I know that you do not supposed to put a time on your weight loss, but I have decided that I want to join the army reserves after I graduate. I feel that (aside from other reasons), the army can instill the discipline and work-ethic I used to have back during my time playing high school basketball.

I can write a huge book about my life story but I figured that I wanted to at least post this on reddit as I began to start my journey/lifestyle.

submitted by /u/Zack8249
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PeRNWe

No comments:

Post a Comment