Wednesday, December 5, 2018

My weight loss baby is a toddler! [Inside: Progress picture, my journey and other goals]

Meet my weight loss baby. She is 6 months old and weighs 30 pounds. Let's come to the crazy later.

This is a post (more like a status update, I'm not done yet) about my weight loss journey.

What I Wanted to happen:

I understood CICO. I read the fat-loss article by Aadam. This was all up to me. Where I had reached was all my fault and there was no denying it.

I wanted to lose 35lbs/16kgs and be my lowest adult weight. If I stuck to 1200/day from day one, I'd get there by November 2018.

What happened in the months that went by:

I started in May - I put everything on hold (obsessed over information and educating myself) and went at it hardcore. Calculated my TDEE. Made my meals. Logged everything. Headaches and irritation and annoyance for letting myself get here.

I gymmed in June. Was consuming protein, upped to 1400. Returned to 1200 after.

There were birthdays in July.

August was a good month, progress wise.

There was a big family wedding in September.

My favorite Aunt visited in October.

There was my anniversary in November and a fun trip.

I am going on another holiday in December.

I am female so period so my cycle does its own magic with retention.

Also, I started retaining/gaining when I recently started swimming again. I recalculated TDEE and was excited to lose faster, but now, I get anxious on days that I can't swim. My projected loss will not match my actual loss. Oh no, whatever will I do?

Where I am:

It is one month after my projected goal month, 30lbs/13kgs down instead of 35lbs/16kgs. This is a 6 month progress picture of me. To top this, I now know I want to lose more weight, pushing my total to 45lbs/20kg.

There are days I am a bit frustrated because I let myself down and ate more than I should have BUT I don't like feeling that way because it is okay. I was already better on day one, on day two and each day I did not slide back. And

Ephiphany:

Stuff happens in life. There are events, likely every week or month. Like u/funchords mentioned in his post, I only realized yesterday that I need to have a gameplan for these difficult moments. I liked eating that birthday cake, I liked celebrating with my aunt and trying out that wedding buffet with all my cousins. But I also liked looking great at the wedding because I had already lost weight by then! I like feeling fit and not like a lump when I go to bed. Food is not the enemy. Social situations are not the enemy. Moderation and awareness is your friend. I never revised my goal date even though I did not eat at my goal calories, which was silly of me

Advice

Plan more realistically. Okay, so you would love to do 1200/day but what happens when your best friend visits? What's your game plan? What about your birthday? What about drinking every weekend with your coworkers? How many days of your goal are you pushing back by?

How important is that food/celebration to sacrifice shaving a little bit of fat off your body? Sometimes, it is not worth it! Sometimes it is! When it is, then just account for it in the bigger scheme of events.

The Road from here

I think my weight loss baby is a toddler that can walk on her own now. She may need monitoring but I don't need to obsess and give her all my time and attention. I am going to focus on creating my other habit babies* which are

Focusing more on my work. I have been slacking off on the pretext of weight loss.

Beating my previous 10K record.

Trying weight training after the run.

Starting meditation again.

Presenting myself better, since I am a lot more confident now.

The Ultimate Goal: To Have a Strong and Happy Habit-Family

Mental health and coming to terms with who I am, why I do what I do and observing my struggles, accepting them, working with them are all the entire gist. Awareness and acceptance. :)

*When I thought of it initially, it seemed awesome. Now, it seems a little mad because I could have thought of something more generic like a habit garden, but I am rolling with it! :)

submitted by /u/CurlyMope
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2G0IMAY

No comments:

Post a Comment