Saturday, December 1, 2018

Starting my 200lb weight loss Journey, scared and excited!

I finally hit that point to were I choose life, I found myself weighing in at 378lbs and the only thing I can think of is how did I let myself get this way? With each day passing I can feel myself slowly slipping away and it gets harder every day to wake up from this nightmare, I can't breathe when I walk up stairs and get winded tying my shoes.

Life wasn't always this way, I actually was in shape for a long time but was involved in a car accident shortly after that's when the weight slowly started taking over. Over the next few years one bad meal would led to another and one bad week would led to a bad month, next thing I realize I'm switching from a XL t-shirt to 4x and still questioning how I got here?!

Everyday I would wake up and say "Today is the day!" And by the next day I would have already given up and the weight would slowly keep adding up. Every day I would see my dreams move further and further away and I was starting to accept that this was just the new me and I should just accept it.

Then in 2013 one of the best things happened to me, I met my wife! Now I could go on for days about her but her passion for Fitness is what started waking me up from this nightmare. We moved in with each other and because of my bad choices she had gained around 50 to 60lbs and one morning she said enough is enough! Now she's down 50lbs and her determination can't be stopped.

Watching her fight for her dreams is one of the most inspiring things to me, she doesn't let anything stop her and while she's killing it I'm still slowly killing myself. I can't seem to get it together and I keep fighting myself to start, Every day it's "I'll start tomorrow" and I would just go back to my old ways.

You see I love Helping people, I would go out of my way to make sure the person next to me was happy and give my last dollar to anyone who needed it, I have always wanted to work in law enforcement or any other kind of First Response Police/Fire/EMS and I know with my current situation that is no more than a dream, but one day my wife said something that kinda hit home she said "you must not want it bad enough because if you did, you would want it as bad as your lungs need air"

That was the moment I realized I NEEDED to make the changes in my life and start going after my dreams, I know I have a long way to go and it's not going to be easy but I'm not doing this to just add years to my life, I'm fighting to add life to my years and finally start chasing my dreams and making them become reality.

So I ask if you guys have any weight loss tips or just encouraging words I could definitely use them, I know at the end of the day it all comes down to how bad do I want it but I'm reaching out to anyone who's walked this journey already and can give me some advice on how you stayed motivated and the small things you did that made a big difference in your weight loss Journey!

submitted by /u/Bob_Gets_Buff
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2rgl89b

No comments:

Post a Comment