Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Weight loss sucks because the premise is to reduce yourself

Think of your weight goal as a function of a larger health goal. Assuming no medical issues, excess fat is not itself the problem but instead the symptom of your lifestyle and headspace.

If you shed the weight from a place of self-loathing then it's very likely you yo-yo right back where you were before, because at the end you'll be thinking "why am I still punishing myself?" You ease up and soon enough are back to 4000+ daily calories, six months later ...

So what's the end game? Well, when I first startes taking my health seriously I could not walk up the stairs without getting winded. Then I lost a bunch of weight, gained some back. I've been 15 pounds over my ideal weight for some time now but I just finished my first 10k run in under an hour, in stark contrast to the previous version of me.

Make your weight a hurdle and not the goal and you'll be slim for life.

submitted by /u/cztin
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2BQmLAu

No comments:

Post a Comment