Saturday, January 5, 2019

18 months later, 88lbs lighter, progress pictures and happiness!

History: I'm 33, i started getting chubby when i was 12. I lived with my grandparents for a little while, they cooked good food. Fry ups, pastry with lard, homemade desserts.... Anyway. I came from a sort of fat-acceptance household. My grandparents were overweight, obviously. And my mother was too (she lost an amazing amount of weight several years ago). My friends were all a little curvy too, i never really wanted to be thin. I just sort of ballooned. Especially after becoming pregnant. I've actually never dieted, until 18 months ago obviously.

Stats: Height 5ft 2. Start weight 112.2kg/17st 9lb/247lb. Current weight: 72kg/11st 4lb/158lb. Total lost: 40kg/6st 5lb/88lb. UK Size 20/22 dress size, to a size 12/14.

Motivation: I'd say i started dieting because i was..... 'triggered' by a night out i went on. Not only was it the time i felt so uncomfortable in my clothes, i couldn't find anything to wear that fitted anymore, but i had a god-awful photo taken of me. I looked horrendous. I'm not someone who wears weight well. I'm rather petite; small frame. And i was like 'well, i really need to do something about this'. Maybe a vain reason to get healthy, but it looking like i did could really bring me down mentally.

Diet: I've honestly not liked the sound of any diet. I think that's probably because we hear about the diet-fads. I don't like the idea of having to cut out whole food-groups, to restrict myself so heavily. Nor did i like the idea of joining a slimming club. I stumbled upon FatSecret. Calorie counting! And my goodness, if i'd known dieting was going to be like this, i would've done it long ago. I'm not saying it's easy, but it's not as hard as i imagined. It's so sustainable for me. Cause i still like to eat out and have a little chocolate a day, and calorie counting allows me all that. My diet is not without exercise. Walking up and down a mountain to go to work, elliptical machine, squats and sit ups.

HAPPINESS: I don't think i've ever been this slim in my adult life. I can walk into a clothes store and ACTUALLY BUY CLOTHES. I can see people looking at me more... humanely, then. Without judgement. Maybe with a bit of flirt. Every acquaintance seems to like to comment on my weight loss, and i like that, i like that people have recognised my efforts. I worked hard it my diet, and didn't let it become hard work. I wish i could tell every person who wants to lose weight that they can! I've been chubby for 20yrs, of course they can! I feel pretty, i'm not out of puff walking up a slope, but blinking heck, i have no clothes left!

BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES:

https://i.imgur.com/5LW3kQt.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/O87PKVn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/F3kHvlp.jpg

I still have some way to go, not far left! I don't know what weight or size i want to be, i want to get rid of some more belly and thigh, and just be comfortable.

submitted by /u/ABadGirlForYou
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2QrmxDY

No comments:

Post a Comment