Saturday, January 19, 2019

27/F/5’ 11”/SW:280/CW:260 What have you done to increase your self-confidence?

As the pounds sloooowly start to shed off, I’ve come to the realization that I’m depending on my goal weight to magically fix all of my confidence issues. This really great dialogue has started opening up within weight loss circles around the mental health aspects of losing weight, and one of the common threads within these discussions is that losing weight isn’t a cure all. As I’ve been over weight all of my adult life (fluctuating between overweight and obese) I actually found this quite shocking (stupidly enough). I’ve always looked at my goal weight as this magical thing that will instantly make me more confident, happy, and content. Obviously this is not healthy or realistic.

I want to cut myself off at the pass and start setting the foundation for increased confidence so that when I do get to that magical goal weight, I’m not horribly disappointed. Essentially, I want to start working on the mental as I work on the physical.

I’d love to hear some of your tips/tricks for boosting confidence (both long term and short term). I’m sure I’m not the only one who thought losing weight would solve all my problems. I’d really like to start building my confidence now so I’m not disappointed when (not if) I get there, but I have no clue where to start! Any advice is appreciated—this is such an awesome and diverse community.

submitted by /u/lord-of-the-elves
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2R0XCHJ

No comments:

Post a Comment