Saturday, January 12, 2019

28F, 427lbs - I was disgusted by this photo of me over Christmas, so my weight loss adventure begins here!

Hey Guys!

I may as well introduce myself because I plan on being active here :) I'm Chloe, and THIS is the photo that has sparked my motivation for weight loss. I'm 427lbs right now (at 5'7") - and I've gained weight steadily since I was at University. When I was 18 I was around 190lbs, and I was happy with how I looked back then. I've never been super skinny, but I was happy in my own skin. It's obviously super depressing to compare the two 10 years apart, but I can't take back the bad decisions I've made and the life I've lived in that time, so I may as well start somewhere - better late than never!

Anyway, my goal is to be 350lbs by Christmas. It's a somewhat conservative goal I know, but I'm expecting some losing battles along the way. I am a food addict, and have been all my life. I used to be able to get away with it mostly because I lived with my parents who limited access to constant food, and was very active when I was younger too.

I'm going to achieve this 99% through diet at the moment, I want to get a base level of fitness before I go to the gym and exercise. I'm cutting out takeaways completely. Cutting out biscuits, chocolate, sweets - completely (for now). I'm eating 4 small meals per day with minimal carbs.

For my future reference (and yours of course) when I am lacking motivation, I'm going to think of these things I am looking forward to when I'm not so heavy:

  • Not being out of breath all the time. It isn't normal to get out of breath talking for more than 5 minutes Chloe...
  • Being able to talk and walk at the same time!
  • Not having to panic thinking about whether or not I'm going to be able to fit in the booth at the restaurant, or the seats on the plane, or in my friends car!
  • Not having that awkward conversation about "have you thought about losing weight" with my doctor *every* time.
  • Being able to have my blood pressure taken on a normal machine, not one built for fat people. (This happened the other day. Super embarrassing.)
  • Clothes shopping like a normal person.
  • Not having a deathly fear of stairs.
  • Not feeling like my head is going to explode when I bend down to put on my socks and shoes.
  • Being able to walk around a shopping mall, town centre, party venue, anywhere - without having to sit down after a while because my legs and back hurt.

I don't take life too seriously, but above all I am looking forward to a happy, healthy and hopefully long life. I'd like to have a family of my own one day, and I need to be properly able bodied mentally and physically before that can happen.

Let's go!!!!!

TL;DR, I am fat. I want to be not fat.

submitted by /u/Elegant_Anxiety
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2TJ5lMs

No comments:

Post a Comment