Wednesday, January 16, 2019

a different approach to monitor my weight loss journey

F/23/5'1''/ 176 lbs (80kg) -> 168 lbs (76.2 kg) = 8lbs (3.8 kg) (two-week progress)

So I've been overweight as far as I can remember.. I started my weight loss journey 3 years ago with my heighest weight at 198 lbs (90kg) dealing with on and offs. Since I'm also a creative person I thought of merging those two things together and started bullet-journaling my weight loss journey from the beginning of this year.

I divided the year into pixels and colorize my daily (net) calorie intake

pic: https://imgur.com/gallery/5mIvjNk

why (net) calorie intake: i.e. if I exercise 800 kcals worth then I can eat 1200 + 800 (=2000) to stay in the 1200 range
If I don't exercise I just stay at 1200 kcal

I know one is not supposed to eat back used calories in exercise but my goal is being on a 400 kcal deficit every day. And I'm aware that you should not overexaggerate about the calories burned so I usually count less than every kcal calculation shows me.

So far it very much motivated me to see if I stayed on track or not and how far it brought me until now after being 2 weeks in. I'm posting this here because probably some of you could use such a thing as a motivation as well :-)

Tl;dr: I've been on a weight loss journey since 3 yrs and struggled with motivation, and therefore, had several on and offs. A bullet-journal keeps me motivated since the beginning of this year.

submitted by /u/Hanurilosesit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2ROGPw6

No comments:

Post a Comment