Wednesday, January 16, 2019

A reminder (mostly to myself) of a simple perspective!

I've been trying over and over again to lose 30-ish lbs, but I'm determined to drill in this common, but new-to-sink-in perspective for good this time.

I've only been at it for two weeks, but I feel good about where I'm going right now. I thought I had "ruined everything" again because I smoked on Sunday night, got really sad about being it Sunday night, then inevitably ate a huge meal, PLUS a completely unecessary, gut-busting dessert. I was sure I had fallen back into my bad habits and felt momentarily hopeless.

I pounced back on the wagon on Monday, however, and I still see that I've lost 2 lbs in January so far. Is it fast weight loss? Not really. Is it still weight loss? Yes! The world didn't end, and as a short girl, I feel good about the 2 lbs that do make a bit of a difference. Also, starting therapy? That helped, too.

I'm a little nervous for this upcoming weekend, because there are a lot of easily calorie-heavy events coming up, and I'm not confident I can resist. HOWEVER, I've learned that even if I don't, it's okay! As long as I get back on on Monday, I'll make SOME progress, and that's fine, too.

Thanks for readin' my ramble.

submitted by /u/tashabatata
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Dgkgs3

No comments:

Post a Comment