Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Advice for breaking a 3-4 month-long plateau??

Quick backstory - I am turning 30 in April, and decided last year that it was time to get serious once again about my health. Having done this several times with moderate success, I am not oblivious to the things needed for weight loss. I changed my diet, stuck to a strict eating window and decided to try my hand at Brazilian Jiu Jitsu with some Muay Tai sprinkled in. From last April until mid October, I was able to lose 60 pounds bringing me down to 305ish area. It was around that time that my body stopped cooperating. From then on, I have been stuck on a plateau of 298-305.

Here is my main issue, so on some level I am probably answering my own question. During the work week, I have no issue sticking to my eating window and making good food choices. I get plenty of sleep and drink almost a gallon of water every day. The weekend however, is a free-for-all. Sometimes I eat everything that crosses my path, and sometimes I am pretty responsible. Regardless, this respite from work and training always seems to result in anywhere from 8-14 lbs when I hit the scale on Monday. This would discourage most people, but I know my body and all it takes is one striking and one BJJ class and I am usually back to whatever I was on Friday. I will then train at least one more time before the end of the week and sometimes manage to move the scale a little.

I was hoping to get some advice from other big guys about breaking through your weight loss plateaus. I have gotten a lot of good information from people I know (these people are generally in shape already) or people online (these people I do not have direct access to). Is this issue only because of my weekend habits, or is there more I should be doing as far as my diet and activity choices overall? Perhaps this is mental? Getting under 300lbs was my initial goal and once I achieved it, my progress has slowed a lot.

I hope this wasn't too long, I can expand on any details if needed.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/TRUK7878
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Fz0BpE

No comments:

Post a Comment