Friday, January 25, 2019

Advice needed on current body, realistic weight loss goals for 5'11"/174lb male (Shirtless pictures in description)

Hi all,

I am currently 21 years old, male, weighing 173.4lbs (78.65kg) and 5' 11" (180.34cm). I have struggled with my weight for quite a while and really would like to shred this extra fat and try to become more lean. I am not looking to get ripped with muscles (huge arms chest, defined six pack, etc), but just trimming down.

Pictures (shirtless ones) https://imgur.com/a/01fUile

At my peak weight I was 190lbs (86.18kg). At that point I was consuming one or two 12-oz cans of soda, or Snapple (16oz) a day. Additionally, I always had some kind of candy with my meal (e.g. sour patch kids, chocolate, etc). My actual meal though was typically 'real' food since I cook a lot. A typical meal could be garlic marinated salmon, oven roasted veggies and chicken, chicken parm, pasta, etc. I really don't like fast food (thank god) so that's generally limited. After weighing myself, I really began limiting myself to those items, to maybe once or twice a week now. I found La Croix to be a great substitute to beat the cravings. In addition to limiting it, I began running more (2 miles/3.2km in 20-30 minutes) about five times a week.

Other than that, my health is generally okay. I do not smoke, drink rarely, and no past medical history. My blood pressure is around 120s/70s and HR 70s. My physician said at my last annual physical all was good.

So, seeing my pictures, hearing my background, what are your suggestions? How can I slim down just a bit more? I would think a goal weight of 150-160lbs (68kg-72.57kg) would be good and still let me stay in good health. How is my body now? Average/overweight/etc? Thank you!

submitted by /u/healthygoal839
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2G5L00r

No comments:

Post a Comment