Friday, January 25, 2019

An After Losing the Weight Issue That (hardly) No One Addresses

I am 41F who has lost 282 lbs and kept it off since beginning in 2012. At the time I began I weighed 432 pounds. Now resting at a comfortable 140 pounds, I have a large amount of excess skin. I did not have weight loss surgery- rather it was the diagnosis of MS that made me begin to move my body and change my lifestyle. Even though I am now very physically active and have an improved sense of self esteem, I can't look at myself with my clothes off. It makes me cry to look at what basically looks like a melted pile of flesh hanging from a frame. It doesn't drive me to eat, but it does cause my depression to go into overdrive. There are days that I wonder what good it is doing me to continue on, & I don't mean exercise. At this point, activity is the only thing that keeps me going. Insurance won't pay for skin removal- so that one is off the table. I have days that I am scared of my thoughts.

submitted by /u/fujoshifangrl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2HyFk1f

No comments:

Post a Comment