Friday, January 25, 2019

New Year, New Me

Hello Everyone,

I am a long time lurker and have been so encouraged by everyone's story that I finally had enough and decided to make a change myself. I am 5'7" and have always struggled with my weight. When I was in college, I really let myself go my sophomore year. I got to my heaviest weight which was 220 pounds and really hated everything. I felt embarrassed just to walk around campus and going to class because I just felt so out of shape.

 

I finally took some steps and decided that enough was enough and lost 60 pounds in a relatively short amount of time through intermittent fasting. Ever since I lost that much weight, I felt great and confident.

 

Fast forward about 6 years and I was around 215 pounds on New Year's Eve and was looking through all the pictures of when I was thinner. I have tried to lose weight off and on throughout the past few months but was unable to stick with it. Losing a substantial amount of weight in a short period of time was a blessing and a curse because I always had the mentality of "Hey, I did it before, I can do it again!" but it's definitely not that easy this time around.

 

I am happy to state that I have actually stuck with my New Year's Resolution to get back to intermittent fasting and have lost around 20 pounds in 25 days. I am just getting discouraged because the first week, I lost a lot of weight (to be expected) and I have obviously slowed down even though I feel as if I am better disciplined and making better decisions than when I first started. I feel if I even have the little "treat" I just negate all the hard work I did the week leading up to it.

 

My goal is for my in-laws to notice my weight loss because I haven't mentioned anything to them. I saw both of them a few days ago and they haven't mentioned anything to me yet so that motivates me to continue this weight loss journey for a healthier 2019. I am happy to say that I have gone from 215 pounds to 190.6 since January 2nd. My weigh ins are every Wednesday and I have been tracking it on a chart I put up in my bathroom so it's right in my face and I can't run from it. I feel like I'm doing great so far this week so I am excited to see what the scale tells me next Wednesday.

 

I wanted to thank all of you for continuing to share all your personal journeys to help me get back on track. I just recently lost my uncle to diabetes and my mother was just diagnosed with it last month. It runs in my family and nothing terrifies me more than not being around for my family and I am hoping to set a great example for my future kids. Nothing is tougher than fighting the cravings of food but we are all doing it together. Thank you. Thank you for opening my eyes that no one can make this change but me and I should not hide behind any excuses anymore.

submitted by /u/JustinShorter
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FXnkLk

No comments:

Post a Comment