Thursday, January 24, 2019

Are your meds making weight loss hard? Are you ready to give up?

I tried this and that and everything else. I was so frustrated. I tried 1200 a day not really understanding calorie counting at the time (I thought everyone would lose at 1200). I still gained and I knew I wasn’t cheating. I was frustrated. I was defeated. I just decided I couldn’t lose weight on the meds I was on and the meds were giving me life so I decided the meds meant more than my weight, than my self esteem, than me. I gave up.

I was so tired of drs saying well if you lose some weight. Like I hadn’t been giving it everything. I kept hanging out in weight loss subs like lose it (my favorite) and seeing successes. Finally I decided to try calorie counting again. It was hard and 1200 is definitely not my number with the meds I’m on. Guess what? I finally fine tuned a number that worked for me. I checked in with my Dr because the number is low, she said as long as I don’t lose over 2lbs a week I was good.

Here I am just over a year later and a little over 40lbs down. My weight loss is slow compared to so many on here, but it’s steady. I’m now a healthy weight for someone my size, I do want to lose a little more just to have a better buffer. I am happy in my own skin again. I have a better self esteem. I still can’t believe my sizes when I shop!

So if you think you can’t do this, that meds are fighting against you, I’m here to tell you you can! It’s not easy and you have to commit. You have to find your right way on your own because everyone if unique! I’m here if you want some pointers, but you can do this!

I will add I’m disabled and really can’t exercise like others. All of my weight was lost through calorie counting and small walks in my living room.

submitted by /u/Dsblhkr
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2RNpe8I

No comments:

Post a Comment