Thursday, January 24, 2019

Lessons learned: How we kept going back to the gym.

Hey gang,

So in my own personal weight loss journey I've tried a lot of things that never worked out. I've told myself I'd get into a sport only to flounder, tried to go too hard/too fast at the gym, and generally fell apart with my routines. I'd say things like, "This new year will be different!" when reality was, "I'm going to work out for 6 weeks then panic when May hits and I don't have my summer body!"

In 2018, I hit the gym more than ever while I was getting in shape for my wedding. One of the things my wife and I did that proved extremely effective was putting a calendar on the fridge and filling it in for every day we worked out. I filled in a blue triangle if I did 20min or more, and she did the same with red (and she would put 1/4th of a day if she did yoga instead).

We have lost more weight and more body fat than we ever had before and we owe a lot of praise to the calendar technique. Ours stayed on our freezer door which made it impossible to ignore. I'd recommend if you're the type of person who falls into the same patterns as myself - give it a try.

My calendar

(We got married in October then traveled out of the country for our honeymoon in November, so that might explain the white days towards the end.)

submitted by /u/Bacon_pancakes219
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2HygHSb

No comments:

Post a Comment