Sunday, January 6, 2019

Dance Dance Revolution and my weight loss: A match made in full combo heaven

Preface:

I've been swinging up and down massively (in Kg, just in case): q06 then 102, 114, 108, 102, 108, 105, 110, and now pushing down to 106 again.

I'm a massive music games fan. I've been playing beatmania (dj like game with raining notes), drummania (drumming game), etc. I've played some sort of music game since preschool. Now I'm 21 and still hitting the arcades religiously.

English is my second language, apologies for weird grammar.


One day I was playing Drummania, trying to unlock some new songs. I looked left slightly, past the cabinet I'm playing on, and there it is, a DDR A cabinet (the latest, online version). Something clicked in my mind. My weight. Weight loss. DDR. That's it, I'll have DDR as my main game now.

Initially, I struggled physically. My eyes can read the arrows, but my legs can't follow. I don't have the stamina. I don't have the leg speed. I can't do anything more than level 9-10 songs.

I decided to give it a go, I decided to dedicate myself to it. I need to do this.

DDR really fit me. Really helped me to get fit. Every time I try jogging/running, my mind is bored. "How far till I reach my goal? Should I just walk?" I go to a few weeks of C25K and give up. But with DDR, boy, oh boy. I have to stop myself so I can get home before 11pm. (the arcade is close to my internship place (5-10 mins), but it's approx 1-1.5h of commute for me to go home.)

Few months later, here I am. Lv. 13 AAAs, Lv. 14 clears, my weight loss journey couldn't be better. Doing what I loved (playing music games) and losing weight? Sign me up.

If you're interested, look for arcades in your area!

PS for US redditors: Round1 (bowling/arcade place) should have a DDR cabinet! Try to find a Round1 near you.

submitted by /u/IndoPr0
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Fhbiwj

No comments:

Post a Comment