Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Day 1: Enough is enough!

Time to take responsibility for this.

So, a bit about me: I am a 27 year old woman. For most of my life I was very skinny, to the point where I didn’t grow boobs until I was past 20, and got my period very late and never had a consistent cycle. Still, I didn’t have an unhealthy lifestyle or an unhealthy relationship with my body, I ate what I wanted and took the weight for granted. I had a very active lifestyle.

When I turned 19 I moved out and entered the adult life, got in my first relationship, started cooking for myself and buying whatever I wanted when I wanted it. I stopped my healthy lifestyle because I no longer needed to do it (I used to bike 15-20km (9-12miles) km almost every day, but it was because my bike was my means of transportation, and I was always late so I had to bike really fast).

I started gaining weight. In the beginning I didn’t mind, it meant boobs and hips – which I appreciated. Then things got out of hand. Over the course of maybe 3-4 years I went from 58 kg (127 lbs) to 75 kg (165 lbs). Then I was stable for a while, but over the last two years I went from that to 88 kg (194 lbs). That was my all-time heaviest. During the summer I was ashamed when I went to pick out bathing suits and bikinis, I didn’t feel good in any of them. I had tried to count calories, to exercise, but nothing helped (of course, in retrospect I know I was cheating and in denial about how ‘healthy’ I actually was). I realized that a big part of my personality growing up, was that I was a skinny girl. Suddenly that was no longer true, and I struggled immensely with my self-image.

Fast forward to this fall, where I realized I’d had enough. I became stricter with my food consumption, and over the course of two months I lost 8 kg (17 lbs). I’ve kept them off, but I’ve been feeling so good about my weight loss that I stopped making an effort. Now I’m back to start again, and get my body to where I want it to be – a middle ground between my skinny ass teen-self, and my fat 2018-self. This time I want to keep myself accountable by joining a network of some kind, so I figured r/loseit could be a good place to start.

Edit: To add lbs/miles

submitted by /u/Old_Lingonberry
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2swSVvG

No comments:

Post a Comment