Sunday, January 13, 2019

Day one of my journey to lose weight and maintain my mental health

I'm currently starting my weight loss journey at 295lbs (at 5'4 so I'm currently very fat), with a goal of 160lbs by the time I graduate (June 2020, so 1 year 4 months ) . I'm hoping to lose the extra weight that I gained from being on medications that made me gain weight from being hungry all the time (Risperidone is a bitch for weight gain, but it keeps my mind clear). Here's to trying to lose weight while maintaining my mental health. I want to be able to not get winded after long walks, I want to feel like my health is better, I want to finally be able to feel sexy (which I currently never do at my current weight), I want to be able to shop at stores like H&M and Forever 21 and buy cute, regular sized clothes. I want to look pretty when I get my graduation photos in white scrubs and a nursing cap. Maybe I can even have my mental health improve from losing some weight.

I plan on cutting out soda (huge Coca-cola addict) and eating smaller portions of healthier and more diverse foods (I'm somewhat of a picky eater), and drinking more water.

I also plan on rewarding myself for milestones. If I can lose all the weight I want to lose, I would like to get another tattoo, if I lose 40 lbs I will get my septum pierced, and if I lose 80 lbs, I will dye my hair a bright color. These are all non-food things that I've always wanted to do.

submitted by /u/MicroPixel
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2ClY1iy

No comments:

Post a Comment