Thursday, January 3, 2019

F/23/5’4” 162lbs>128lbs= 34lbs - Found this page in August and it really motivated me to get moving (literally!) with my weight loss.

Obligatory progress pics - NSFW

I always had been a bit overweight throughout middle school all the way through high school graduation, but it had never been that noticeable even to myself. Then I started a new job on a ship, where the food available was generally not great for you but the convenience was hard to pass up.

Fast forward 2 and a half years and I had gained 20lbs, and a nice little tum to go with it. My uniforms started to not fit and it was causing me discomfort. We only could order new uniforms once a year so I took the route of losing the weight instead of trying to get new uniforms lol.

I found this subreddit back in August 2018 while I was on vacation, and started tracking my calories almost immediately. I didn’t do a cut initially, and just tracked what I ate on my trip to get used to the process. After I was back to work, it was time to get down to the nitty gritty serious food tracking!!

That makes it sound difficult but really it was discipline and organization. I got a food scale, weighed my food, and worked with a 500cal deficit of 1500 calories a day. It did come along with a new way of eating to make the most of my day. Traded cows milk for almond milk, upped my protein, ate so many more vegetables, and cut down on all the sweet treats.

A big part was bringing my own lunches to work, making enough dinner leftovers for the next days lunch! It was honestly better because I got to switch it up from the normal menu we had at work.

I still made days to enjoy myself on whatever I pleased - Birthdays, Thanksgiving, Halloween etc.

On occasional date nights with my boyfriend I would keep a properly tracked day up until we went out for dinner then I enjoyed myself with some modesty. If I went over I generally would end up back at my maintenance calories anyway! And if it was more, tomorrow is another day!

I started exercising 5 days a week, 2 days cardio 3 days weights - upper/lower splits. I tried some HIIT sprints on my cardio days, which I found really kicked the fat loss into gear. I was already losing weight with CICO but the HIIT helped my fat loss immensely. Pro tip - you don’t need exercise to lose weight but you can eat a bit more if you can get active a few days a week!

If anyone has any questions about my CICO feel free to ask! This weight loss was very diet based, the gym was just an added bonus. I took the last 2 months off from the gym almost completely and still lost 10lbs.

My next step is to continue to go to the gym and try and build some muscle on top of this new canvas!

submitted by /u/_marjaz_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2BWyzA9

No comments:

Post a Comment