Wednesday, January 16, 2019

First timer! Got my first DEXA today, put me at 15.3% BF, 205lbs, down from 337lbs/AMA (April 24th 2017-Today)

Hey all, I've found this sub a little bit ago and I've loved reading your struggles, victories, and successes. I am in a great mood today and wanted to share a bit of my journey today and answer any questions people might have! My story doesn't have anything special, but sometimes hearing different journeys helps different people.

So I started March 2017 to lose weight. I decided to start losing weight after I went shopping to a +size shop and for the first time of my life I was actually happy to find clothes that fit me and made me feel good. I had a friend pushing me to lose weight as well. So I got a fitbit, got the matching scale, and downloaded MFP. Started counting calories and off I went. I didn't really know what I was doing but I new fruits, veggies, and chicken were good for you and that sugar, junk, and fast food were suboptimal. What actually helped me a lot was cutting sugar off 100% for a week early on and helped me beat cravings. I lost weight pretty quickly by just counting calories and avoid all junk food. Hit 300lbs June 11th. I was eating probably between 1600 and 1800 calories most days, just aiming to keep it low. Sadly, it became a bit obsessive and started aiming to eat the less calories possible, often hitting 1200 calories in a day with sports at night and full time job. I was active 6x a week and felt very tired most of the time, not sleep enough either. I hit my first lowest of 237 mid-november 2017. By then, I had started my master's and I crashed with the stress and apartment life. Pizza came back in my life, and so did alcohol (big time). Became very careless especially with the Holidays around the corner and made it back to 260ish by May. At that point, a friend insisted on me trying keto and so I did. That lasted about 2 weeks until I was like yeh no high fat keto isnt working for me. So I raised my protein and found the reddit keto community, and then the ketogains subreddit. I moved to their version of keto which is a paleo/keto/whole foods/CICO approach. Started working out in the summer and have been hooked to the gym ever since. I've dealt with BED on and off, anxiety, stress eating, etc etc. I got worse before/around the Holidays this year as my calories were getting really low at that point again (sub1600, working out 5x a week). Since then, I've raised my carbs to include more veggies and some fruits, more calories, and have restarted getting results while not having the BED/depression issues. So yeh! 205lbs at my DEXA today, and clocked in at 15.3%BF, with puts me at a LBM of 174lb.

Here's a TLDR: More is not always better. Trust good resources like this sub. Love yourself. Be active to be healthy, not to lose weight. Most people on a long weight loss journey face these issues at some point, don't beat yourself if you are too. Listen to your body and its signals. Take this occasion to learn about, fitness, nutrition, and general wellness/wellbeing.

Feel free to ask me anything!

submitted by /u/chchgg
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2ANPPIc

No comments:

Post a Comment