Wednesday, January 2, 2019

For those now hopping on the diet train, it’s not that you’re starving - your stomach is just throwing a temper tantrum.

If you’re getting back on the diet following the holiday season - or just getting started (welcome!) - then right now, you’re probably feeling the pain. Man oh man, how is it 10:30am and your body is already crying out for lunch? Eat lunch at 11 and by 3pm you’re begging for dinner. Those previously on a diet are thinking, “I used to keep these reduced eating habits and never hear a word of complaint from my now-growling greedy tummy! What gives??”

I’ve been there. I’m here now. This is that brutal first week (or two) where your body is still getting accustomed to the new way of things. And it’s not happy about it. Your stomach was living in the lap of luxury at High Cal Manor, but now it’s been kicked out of the house and thrust into a minimum calorie job at the Kale Hut.

Just like a toddler who had the cookie jar taken away, your stomach is being told it doesn’t get to have all of those cookies and roasts and slices of pie, and it’s pitching a fit. Now it’s up to you to not give in.

Yes, it’s hard. Yes, you may buckle and snack just a little bit in order to get it to shut up for awhile. But don’t let it break you! The diet train starts by diving into a tunnel, but I promise you it pops out on the other side. If you can stick to this for a week, just a lil’ ol’ week, your stomach will see that this is the new status quo and learn how to deal with it.

I’ve stuck it out through this terrible week at 240lbs and I’ve done it at 190, 180, and 170 (I take a lot of breaks... it’s kinda my thing). I can almost guarantee I’ll do it again in the future. But I succeed in my weight loss because I trust and know that I will get results, and I’m not about to let one lousy week stop me.

So stick with it! I believe in you! We got this! If you can beat this week, the weight only goes down from here.

submitted by /u/DesignDarling
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Sz0AVA

No comments:

Post a Comment