Sunday, January 13, 2019

How do I get my friend to stop pressuring me into joining weight watchers without revealing my history with eating disorders?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this so apologies if it isn't.

So I have a history with bulimia dating back to when I was 11, last year I finally got a doctor to notice how bad it had gotten and not dismiss me because I was overweight, now I go to regular ED therapy. I have an appropriate excersise plan, and my eating plan is to eat when I'm hungry making sure to eat at least two balanced meals per day. I have access to a gym in my building and asked one of my friends to be my gym-buddy so that I would have more of a reason to go regularly. The problem started when during a conversation about healthy weight loss she mentioned weight watchers and how good it had been for her (she already lost 3 st).

I know weightwatchers would be a very bad idea for me, regular public weigh-in's, neigh obsessive counting of calories/points, and weightloss targets are all triggers for me. I politely declined but now she brings up weightwatchers almost every time she sees me, she talks about how good it would be for me and how much weight I could loose, I'm rapidly running out of ways to say no. How do I make her understand that weightwatchers is not for me without hurting her feelings or telling her about my eating disorder history.

Anyone else ever been through the same thing?

submitted by /u/DreamCyclone84
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2M7xJoS

No comments:

Post a Comment