Sunday, January 13, 2019

Father of Two Ready to Lose It

Everyone knows of the obvious weight gains made by pregnant mothers. But I feel the dirty secret is the weight gain by the father.

I am a father of two boys, one 5 year old and one 6 month old. I've always been a little overweight. But after having kids, especially my first when I was the primary caregiver during the day when my wife went back to work, I've had nonstop peaks and valleys of weight gain. I've sporadically tried different diets and such. So why is now so different?

A couple months ago my oldest son was playing with my belly fat, squishing it and grabbing where it hangs over my pants now, calling me "fat." It wasn't in a mean way. He was just making an observation, but it hit me how much I let myself go.

So I'm about a week in now of a lifestyle change, drinking only water, eating better, controlling my portions, and incorporating exercise into my routine again. When I started, I weighed in at 228. I'm 5'11''. My goal is 170. I've got a support system through my work. We are doing a weight loss team challenge from the beginning of Jan to the beginning of April. I don't expect to get to my goal in that time. I just know I need to be a better example for my boys.

submitted by /u/OccasionalSithLord
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Ci3C9P

No comments:

Post a Comment