Friday, January 25, 2019

How I’ve lost 20lbs this year eating what I want.

I’m not trying to mislead here and say I’ve come up with a revolutionary weight loss trick. What I’ve done is essentially calorie counting. But the way I’ve set it up feels more like calorie awareness rather than stressing about hitting a certain number no matter what every day.

I’ve realized that as a big man I need to be eating anywhere between 1500-2000 calories a day to maintain the weight loss I want. Some days I got over, usually around 2300, but some days I eat 1300 calories and feel fine. One of the biggest things that have helped me is drastically upping my vegetable intake. We have an in-house restaurant at work, they have a station you can get sandwiches and wraps made. Everyday I get a spinach wrap with TONS of vegetables in it and turkey. Usually it’s between 400-500 calories. For breakfast I usually have a protein shake that’s about 300 calories. So this puts me anywhere between 700-800 calories by the time dinner comes. This has allowed me to enjoy dinners with my wife eating the things we want and not stressing so much.

The big kicker in all this is we make all our own food. Last night we had Philly cheesesteak sandwiches. Because we made everything our selves we saved about 300 calories. We were able to monitor what went into the sandwiches and cut out things that would be high calorie. And it was dang good. At the end of the day I had eaten about 1600 calories total and I felt great.

I’ve been drastically increasing my output as well. I work out a minimum 45 mins a day. I used to play football so I’ve learned how to fit a lot into 45 min.

Despite drastically decreasing my input and output, I’ve felt amazing, more energy than I’ve had in a long time. I feel calmer and happier throughout the day. There’s a lot more to what I’ve done than just what I’ve put here. But it’s worked for me, I really feel like I’m creating habits that will last my whole life.

submitted by /u/oregonianutahn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2RR96TE

No comments:

Post a Comment