Sunday, January 13, 2019

How much can I exercise on 1200 cal/day?

Sex: Female (but I'm trans and on prescribed testosterone, low dose)

Height: 5'4"

Weight: Currently 194, was 202 on the 1st of the month

Age: 28

I'm on 1200 calories/day + burning 350/day on a stationary bike and the weight has been dropping off very quickly. I'm down 8 pounds since January 1st. I feel fine; I haven't had any adverse reactions like lightheadedness or feeling sick, but I wanted to double-check here that I shouldn't raise my caloric intake if I'm exercising for 90 minutes a day. Other than that 90 minutes, I'm 100% sedentary--I work from home on a computer, so I'm not even walking around an office building. My weight loss has slowed this week to 2.5 pounds, which seems like a healthy number--I want to lose 2 pounds a week--so I think I just dropped a bunch of water weight at first. Should I keep doing what I'm doing as long as I feel fine? Thanks!

***

Editing to add, I'm not concerned about gaining it all back when I hit my GW and "fall off the bandwagon" and all that. I gained my weight because I was put on psych meds. I was 120 pounds for 10 years before the meds, and I've maintained my weight for about 5 years without gaining a pound over 202 (without counting calories or watching it, either). I'm pretty confident that aggressive weight loss isn't going to result in catastrophic failure in my case.

submitted by /u/PlaidWolves
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2TPp1yl

No comments:

Post a Comment