Saturday, January 19, 2019

I beat my addiction! (28M 300+ down to 188)

Disclaimer:

Everything I'm about to say is entirely my opinion; I'm not a doctor, or anything; I don't have background in nutrition; I'm just a regular guy that has a passion for learning about this stuff. I'm also going to talk about things in an "as a matter of fact" type of way, because it would just take too long for me to type out "studies x, y, and z show this", or for me to sit here, and try to discredit what I believe to be bad medical practices, and out dated studies with bad methodology. I'm sure my knowledge has countless gaps, but I think I know enough that I can get any relatively health person to lose weight. /Disclaimer

To everyone out there struggling like I did for years, I'm here to tell you that it can be done! I'm not addicted to food anymore. I use to be able to eat until my stomach was ready to burst, and still sit there debating about eating another burger.

The greatest thing about my journey is (and I know this is going to sound arrogant) ... I think I figured it out... I really think I figured out. Maybe I'm wrong, and I'll learn that in time, but right now I'm pretty sure I know how to control any regular person's weight.

We're regulated by hormones; Our hunger is regulated by hormones; What, and how you eat has a direct effect on your hormones. By slowly regulating how we eat we can modify our body's hormones, and make ourselves less hungry which will naturally lead to weight loss.

Simply put... I think looking at the issue as "weight loss" is a distraction, and we're chasing this problem from the wrong end. Deal with your cravings, and weight loss will come on it's own.

I basically did Keto/IF, but my experience with the communities is that people are hyper-focused on ketones, and plateaus, etc... and in general they don't really know anything about the relationship between hormones, and cravings.

I'm bad at writing from scratch so if anyone is interested, and want to ask questions I can use that as a much better spot to push off of.

--edit

I wanted to throw up some before and after photos, but I just got called into work so I'll throw them up here when I get a minute. Also.... If I do say so my loose skin is doing amazingly.

submitted by /u/CraveLess
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FI5LyZ

No comments:

Post a Comment