Saturday, January 19, 2019

I found out hiding veggies or tofu in dishes can really help bring down the calories/make a dish healthier!

So I’ve lost 35lbs so far doing CICO and it’s been good but I’ve plateaued lately for a couple of reasons! Main reason is I’ve basically been sick or injured since the end of October so I’ve been way less active and couldn’t really cook a lot for my self. And the second reason is my calories needed for weight loss have dropped from 1500 to 1200 and I’ve had trouble making the transition to eating less. So I’ve been trying to get back on the wagon and find new lower calorie recipes!

So fast forward to the other day when I wanted to make chicken lettuce wraps cause I thought they would be a good low calorie lunch. Well I’m in the middle of making them and I’m grabbing the chicken when I notice a block of tofu and a bag of riced cauliflower that my brother left after visiting me last week! So I’m like I should just toss those in to the chicken so I can use them before they go bad! So I toss them in and recalculate the calories for the recipe in my fitness pal and it drastically drops the amount of calories per ounce! And low and behold not only was it less calories and healthier but it also tasted the same as a normal chicken lettuce wrap!

So I tried it again with some ground beef tacos I made tonight! I added diced mushrooms, rice cauliflower, and more tofu to the beef! And low and behold it tastes exactly the same as my old tacos but at almost half the calories! My old taco recipe was almost 90 calories an ounce and now it’s 49 calories an ounce and the ounce size is way bigger!

Anyway I just wanted to share my newest trick to making things lower calorie and also more nutritious!

submitted by /u/neuronerd88
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2RDYLKD

No comments:

Post a Comment