Saturday, January 19, 2019

I have a possibly annoying question/vent about how to handle significant others.

Okay, I’ll state that my vent feels absolutely ridiculous because I’m about to complain essentially about how much my boyfriend loves me.

I’m sorry, I know, but stay with me.

As context to why I’m in this sub, I have stopped and started my weight loss journey about three times in the last six months. I’m 5’10” and currently 189 lbs and absolutely hate the way I look. I used to have an athletic build and be fit and not skip out on social situations because I’m self conscious. I know how critical it is for myself to lose weight, especially because I miss being more physically fit. I have three mountains I want to visit and hike this year and don’t want to struggle and would like to take photos while doing it.

Anyway, my partner is incredible and doesn’t think twice about my weight. He is constantly telling me I’m sexy, he loves my body, etc. While it is obviously so nice, it lulls me into this false sense of security. I forget what I look like to myself because of the way I apparently look to him. It’s impacting my ability to focus on the weight loss the way I need to. And I don’t really know how to deal with it.

Has anyone else come across something like this, where an external factor is impacting your internal resolve? What did you do?

And I’m sorry if this was annoying.

submitted by /u/chy7784
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2RE4tfD

No comments:

Post a Comment