Saturday, January 19, 2019

Struggling w/ loss (13/F)

So at the beginning of last year, I had begun my road to weight loss. I started with cutting out soda and snacks, but it was harder to eat healthier, since I can't buy my own food and decide what I want to eat- my parents do that. I started out at approximately 196 lbs and even in the first week I lost three pounds, which was super motivating. Up till summer of last year I had gone down to 160 lbs, but then I just hit a road block. I've remained in a range of 164-159 ever since. Often at the end of the night I find myself looking up ways to stay motivated or other foods to eat, but by the next morning I struggle to keep to my diet. Throughout December I felt myself splurging and so I told myself in 2019 I'll restart and go back to how I was at the beginning of last year, but I can barely stick to it.

It's so frustrating because I struggle with self control and so if I have ice cream or chips in the house I eat it more likely than not. However, if I don't have ice cream or chips in the house I don't even think about it. But my parents always buy food that makes me give in despite my wishes to them not to buy the junk food. Plus, we dine out or get fast food so much more often than I'd like to admit. But its hard for me to change my ways since I've asked them to buy healthier items and I've told them about my diet and they don't do anything. My mom wants to lose weight too and she'll tell me that once a week but she doesn't do anything to lose.

I'm also an extremely picky eater which doesn't help much either. I can't stand the textures of many fruits or vegetables and if I can deal with the texture I can't stand the taste. I don't even like most meats. I want to eat better but everything makes me gag. If anyone can suggest foods or ways to prepare healthy things that can remove the texture factor (I was thinking about trying smoothies?), that would be pretty nice.

Finally, exercise. I definitely don't enjoy exercising but I try to do it, but I just struggle with motivation for anything really. I'm really passionate about things for one week and then the next week I just start to give up. My one friend set up an entire fitness schedule for me and made sure I was filling them in every day that I completed the activity, but then we started drifting apart and I tried to keep doing it but I just slowly forgot about it. I try to do things and I put reminders in my phone but I can barely stick to them. I'm planning on trying harder and really all the motivation I need is to see a change and I'll keep doing it. I've already seen changes but since I've been stuck for so long all of my motivation kind of just dies out.

I really just feel like I've hit a wall with my journey and I don't know how to pass it.

submitted by /u/cloudyromxnce-
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FCSTeg

No comments:

Post a Comment