Monday, January 14, 2019

I may have finally figured out the perfect diet for me.

I have been on diets every year for many years, I am successful at losing some weight but always fail and end up gaining more weight than my original starting weight was.

I started this diet 8 days ago at 195.55 Pound and I'm already down to 190.47, that was a 5 Pound loss in 7 days (I weighed myself yesterday).

I've learnt more about diets every time I've been on them and there are three hurdles I have overcome this time around.

The first is exercise. Normally I would go for a run outside, it would get too cold, it would be windy and rainy and I'd think 'Not tonight'. So this time I have put the treadmill in my living room. I am lucky enough to work from home so I make sure that I walk uphill on it twice a day and run on it twice a day, and on weekends I will just walk so that my legs can recover.

Then there are Carbs. I would always try and avoid these after hearing countless times about how if you cut out Carbs then it will be easier to lose weight. By doing so it means that I can't have that Naan bread with my Curry, I can't have Sandwiches and I can't even have Sausage and Mash. So this time I figured as long as I am exercising 4 times a day, having Shreddies for breakfast, a Sandwich for lunch and then fruit in-between followed by a decent home made meal for tea with nuts and dark chocolate for snacks after, then a few Carbs in the mix are not going to ruin the diet. If anything, they will mean I can continue the diet because I will not be worrying about what I eat all the time.

The next hurdle is simply pre planning. If we are out of bread tomorrow then I will get some more today. I will make sure we are fully stocked up so that I never get to the point where I question what I can have instead of my sandwich at lunch. Such small things can send these diets on a downward spiral so I am making sure I am organised this time around.

When I first started dieting years ago I remember walking round the supermarket wondering what I can eat, reading the back of labels and looking for low fat everything. Now I feel confident that I know what I can eat and provided I put the effort in with my exercise then I will lose the weight and hopefully maintain the weight loss this time.

Only 8 days in but so far its going incredibly smoothly and Jalepeno's are a life saver. A few of them on those Ham, Lettuce and Tomato sandwiches will beat Mayonaise any day.

I'm sure I will be asking questions of you all at some point but just wanted to share what I consider to be working for me so far.

submitted by /u/RobJames101
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2AKoyWQ

No comments:

Post a Comment