Friday, January 4, 2019

I need help with a healthy calorie deficit!

Hi! I'm a long time sub to this subreddit but this is my first post! So about a year ago I started my weight loss journey, and was comfortably losing 1 lb a week with simply a 1,200 calorie diet and no exercise. I went from 155lbs in January to 137lbs in May, but I eventually fell off the wagon and gained 5lbs back in my first semester of college. So I've been back for winter break and decided to try to lose weight fast.... to the tune of eating ~800 calories a day and doing 30 mins of cardio at the gym almost daily. I wanted to lose 2 pounds a week. But aside from an initial 2-3 pound loss, which I assume is water weight, I haven't lost anything and it's been almost three weeks! So, I'm wondering, if "starvation mode" doesn't exist... what am I doing wrong? I have been diligent with using MFP to track my calories and I usually stay within eating 800-1000 calories a day and burning 300 calories at the gym 5x a week.

I believe my BMR is ~1480 and my TDEE is ~2000, so I have been trying to eat at at least a 1000 calorie deficit. But I've seen no results. :(

Am I doing this too fast or too harshly? I haven't been tracking how much water I drink at all, but I estimate that I drink about 48 oz a day. At this point, I just want to lose weight but I don't want to give up exercising. I don't even care about losing 2 pounds a week anymore, I want to lose weight consistently and sustainably at this point. Do I need to eat more or less? Should I exercise less often? I thought with CICO, I should have been at least losing some weight. I've been reading online articles about how too much cardio can lead to weight gain or how I'll burn muscle instead of fat if I exercise too much.... frankly, I'm lost! I could use a little guidance. Please help! And thank you!

submitted by /u/spookie_ghostie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2QnMCnE

No comments:

Post a Comment