Monday, January 14, 2019

I need your help today Reddit. I’m 88lbs down but I feel myself slipping because I don’t think I’ll ever be able to get to goal weight , 20 year old habits feel impossible to break .

Ok I’ll post a progress picture for fun . 286 down to 198 So I am actually trying guys . This is about 8 months of progress . Before pic was Halloween 2017, best I could find . I don’t have any photos of myself from early 2018. Anyway ....

I want to be in the 150/160lb range. I’m 5’7”. I feel like I’m never going to get to goal weight because I can’t fix being a volume eater . I’m stuck right around 200 and I can’t fix my self control to stop stuffing my face . Yea I’m eating veggies and fruit but I’m still eating too much . Those calories add up when I can easily eat half a pound of steamed broccoli in one sitting and still put away a bag of mini carrots an hour later .

No, I’m not hungry . But I don’t know what full is either . I can always eat more . Is my stomach broken ? I’m eating it’s just something I like to do every time I have a spare second . I do great all day when I’m busy/distracted but in the evenings all veggie hell breaks loose and I’m back at the fridge 100x before bed . I can not stop myself from grabbing things and eating them when there is food available. I was able to fix what foods I am shoveling down but I can’t fix how much/often . Help ?! This is worse than quitting smoking . ((However I did quit that by using food , sucking mints instead ))

My mom taught me to eat for entertainment when I was super young - like 8 . She owned a small business and I got off the school bus there . She used food to get me to sit quietly at a desk behind the counter from 3pm until 7 or 8 when she closed up shop . Then we’d go home and eat dinner too . And she was a “don’t get up until your plate is empty” kind of mom . So it is really hard to break a habit I’ve had for 20 years .

Weight loss is not sustainable if I’m sitting around thinking about food all day feeling like a tortured soul . Am I trying for nothing ? Soon I’m going to hit my limit and say “fuck it “ and stop trying . This has got to get easier . I’m that human that can eat so much I can stay fat off vegetables. I hate myself .

Advice welcome on impulse control . Tired of going to bed and waking up angry . Either because I’m disgusted for how much I ate or pissed at the fact I can’t have what I want if I want to be a healthy size .

submitted by /u/NotYourMom119
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2QJPZpb

No comments:

Post a Comment