Thursday, January 10, 2019

I relapsed pretty damn hard last year.

Background: I'm sure if you look through my post history you'll see when I posted about my previous weight loss in 2018. I was super proud of myself, I biked every single morning and stuck to 1200 a day, and I definitely lost the weight and loved the compliments I would get from my boyfriend and everybody else. All was perfect! But then I moved and during that move I completely fell off the wagon. I was very stressed with everything going on, needing to find a new job in this new town, and also hating our new kitchen when it came to cooking. Anyway, I could throw you guys a million excuses for why I gained all the weight back-- but the honest truth is that I fell back into my extremely unhealthy obsession with food very fast. I was fine for the first couple of months after moving but then I started working full time as a server at an authentic mom and pop Italian restaurant and also working a day job Monday through Friday. So in total, just last week alone I worked 68 hours at the restaurant and an average of 32 at the office. Working this much was great money-wise but awful for me health wise. I never had the energy or time to exercise. I woke up at 7:30am for the office and went straight from there to the restaurant every night and didn't come home until almost 11pm most nights. Honestly, I cannot even count how many nights I spent practically feasting with the family with calzones, calamari, pizza, bottles of wine, etc. I love the family-culture of the place but after a while I realized that all of my clothes didn't fit anymore. It recently started to hit me that even though I love these people and the fact that they always insist on feeding me for free, I cannot fall back into the habit of just eating whatever is in front of me and free and delicious. It's pretty hard, I won't lie. But I just finished my first day of 1200 again yesterday. I was doing fine at my day job, breakfast and lunch was more of a breeze because I work 8-3 as a receptionist and I can chug away at water at my desk and snack on veggies during down time. The hard part was when I went to my restaurant... I'm so used to just getting there, grabbing a slice of pizza real quick and telling myself that I have to in order to survive the dinner rush. That's honestly garbage. I did just fine yesterday. I chugged water and coffee all night and genuinely wasn't hungry at all. Ate about 2 naked wings with no sauce and then came home and had a huge bowl of soup and could barely finish even that. Yesterday was very eye-opening for me because I realized that I didn't need to eat pizza before my shift, I didn't need to ask the cook to drop mozzarella sticks in the middle of the rush so I could have something to snack on when I ran back and forth, I didn't need a beer during down time, I didn't need a burger and fries for dinner with a glass of wine, etc. I was perfectly fine without all of that junk, and it really hit me pretty hard just HOW badly I had gotten. I am currently around 170lbs, at about 5'6, age 23. I do not want to get as bad as I used to be. This week will be challenging, but I know I've got this. I just needed to put this out there to encourage myself to stay in line!

submitted by /u/YunasNirvana
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2VJ4xsL

No comments:

Post a Comment