Thursday, January 10, 2019

I might not be as heavy as you, but I am still struggling! It is not a competition folks.

Something really peeved me off the other day.

I was posting to a weight loss forum thing that I had joined on a whim a few weeks ago. I wrote about my personal struggles with binge eating, with bread and sugar addiction, and about my toxic fear of failure (I think we're all familiar with that one!). I was just 'letting it out', taking a virtual breath, looking for support, when this fudging squirm head chimes in with a 'just saw your stats. 188lbs? struggling my ass'.

What.

Ok fine. Yes I'm only 25. Yes I might not be morbidly obese. Yes I might have all the time in the world to recover and live my life. NO that does not mean my battles are lesser than yours. I'm still trying to do the same thing, likely with very similar mental and physical struggles as you. I can't walk up stairs easily. I can't join my friends for a swim because I almost drowned the last time because it was 'a little choppy'. I can't run on the spot for more than 30 seconds before I collapse on the sofa. Struggling? YES I'M GOD DAMN STRUGGLING.

Whate really gets me, is this brain dead internet zombie thinks she knows me. You don't know me. You don't know what other challenges I am facing, so stuff you and watch me succeed while you take your self centered bitterness to the other side of the web. I don't see any pounds dropping off you with that attitude.

Phew. Sorry folks. I needed that rant.

Now 183lbs and still counting down. ;)

submitted by /u/Tomato_Stalk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2TBd8vy

No comments:

Post a Comment