Thursday, January 10, 2019

Reminder to pay attention to your mental health too

Hi everyone,

F/20/5’4 122>108>125

From March-June 2018 I lost about 12 pounds through CICO, mainly following advice from this sub. I am not placing any blame on this sub, but due to counting calories with the intention of losing weight I developed disordered eating.

I never had any problem with food before I tried to lose weight. (My highest weight was still within the healthy range, I just didn’t like how it looked on me.) I thought I was being rational and methodical about my weight loss because I was using CICO. I didn’t notice how unhealthy it was to spend an hour checking labels in the grocery store, or plan out my meals two weeks in advance on mfp, or let my daily weigh in affect my mood, or watch videos of people eating when I wanted food instead of just listening to my body.

If you notice any sign of disordered eating please seek help. It took me nine months from the first time I purged to seek help and I feel like a lot of damage has been done. You might think you’re losing weight in the most effective, scientifically supported way possible if you’re using CICO. That may be true, but that doesn’t mean you’re not at risk for the problems that can develop as a result of dieting. Especially if you’re in an at risk group (young, female, previous mental health issues) please be on the lookout for any concerning changes. Take care everyone!

submitted by /u/roseway28
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2QzOIRj

No comments:

Post a Comment